Steeldeck Rentals is seeking an Operations and Transport Manager for our London office.
We are a busy event and entertainment industry supplier with an Operator’s License in London for four trucks (12t and 18t) and a current build crew of ten individuals and additional freelancers. This role oversees the activities of all the transport and crew at our London base, alongside other operational and administrative duties. It will also involve liaising with our Manchester office on occasion.
Steeldeck Rentals is a close-knit, friendly organisation and thrives on collaboration, diversity, and inclusion. The role requires self-motivation as well as the ability to work well as part of a team in a fast-paced working environment. The ideal candidate will share our values around sustainability and would contribute to our efforts to achieving net zero emissions by 2025.
- Transport Manager Road Haulage CPC holder. Duties include compliance with all HGV regulations including, but not limited to: driver hours, driver training fleet maintenance, repairs, insurance renewal and claims, tacho management, tracking, fuel cards, tolls, and road tax etc.
- Transport Pricing – updating transport cost sheets to keep the company’s prices in line with market rates
- Assigning shifts to staff, allocating vehicles, and entering that information in to Utrac, our planning software
- Booking all external hauliers, crew, locals, freelancers and agency drivers
- Organising staff accommodation for staff working away from home and occasionally their travel
- Booking/obtaining quotes for the hire of all non-Steeldeck vehicles e.g. Artics and Addison Lee
- Organising all staff training in consultation with other departments – First Aid, Fire Training, Forklift, Working at Height, CISRS training, Telehandler, CPC
- Purchasing staff uniforms and tools
- Crew and driver payroll – including expenses, overtime and freelancer invoices
- Managing crew and driver holidays and sick leave
- Working with the MD, London Warehouse & Premises Manager and our Manchester Regional Director and Operations Manager to manage our equipment stock, including dealing with stock shortages, stock transfers between branches, booking transport, creating shortages kit lists and some stock purchasing
- Health and safety in the workplace
- Various admin tasks to assist in the smooth running of the premises including the management of the daily cleaner
Qualifications and experience:
- Transport Manager Road Haulage CPC preferable but not essential as training will be available to right candidate.
- A background and knowledge of the event and live entertainment industry
- An understanding of AutoCAD preferable but not essential
Salary: £40K to £50K based on experience
Deadline for applications: 2nd June
Please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steeldeck Rentals Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity or disability. Candidates will be assessed on merit, competence and business needs. If you need us to make reasonable accommodations to your disability or special need, please let us know in your application.